We are looking for unique & creative recipes that showcase our products. We invite you to select one of our products and submit your idea for the perfect recipe to showcase it. For the best 10 ideas submitted – we’ll send you free product to develop your recipe idea. Your perfect recipe can then be submitted as a finalist!
We’ll be awarding two prizes. A People’s Choice award based upon feedback from our guests, and The WDF Best Recipe Award based upon the evaluation of our judging team. Each winner will receive a Well Dressed Food ’Our Favorite Products Gift Tote‘. The WDF Best Recipe winner will also receive a KitchenAid® 5-Quart Artisan™ Stand Mixer!
Here’s the scoop:
- Select one of our products and submit your idea for the perfect recipe to showcase it using the entry form below. Please submit your ideas soon, the deadline for contest idea entries is March 31, 2011.
- We will select the 10 top recipe idea submissions and will send 3 samples of the selected product to the winning foodies. Foodies will create & submit recipes using the supplied Well Dressed Food products. Final recipes must be submitted by April 30, 2011.
- The recipes submitted which incorporate the selected product & idea will be tested & evaluated by a panel led by our friend David Leite, cookbook author and publisher of the James Beard award winning food site leitesculinaria.com.
- Selected top recipes will be posted on welldressedfood.com and we will solicit feedback from guests to select the favorite ‘People’s Choice’ recipe.
- The official winners of The WDF Best Recipe Award as determined by our testing panel, along with the winner of the ‘People’s Choice’ recipe will be announced on May 31, 2011.
- The winner of the ‘People’s Choice’ recipe will receive a Well Dressed Food ’Our Favorite Products Gift Tote‘.
- The winner of the WDF best recipe will receive a KitchenAid® 5-Quart Artisan™ Stand Mixer along with a Well Dressed Food ’Our Favorite Products Gift Tote‘
Our Best Well Dressed Foodie Recipe Contest Finalists have been selected.
They will submit their final recipes to us by April 30, 2011 and we will then post for you to vote on your favorites!
Publisher and Editor-in-Chief
David Leite (pronounced leet) is the author of The New Portuguese Table: Exciting Flavors from Europe’s Western Coast, which won the 2010 IACP First Book/Julia Child Award and for which he received the 2009 National Leadership Award from the Portuguese-American Leadership Council of the United States (PALCUS). When not agonizing over his next book, he writes about everything from champagne to Welsh food to high tea to being a super taster for publications including the New York Times, Martha Stewart Living, Saveur, Bon Appétit, Gourmet, Food & Wine, Pastry Art & Design, Food Arts, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Sun-Times, The Washington Post, Charlotte Observer, epicurious.com, and Ridgefield Magazine, where he was the food editor for three years. He’s also the resident food geek at The Morning News. David is a frequent guest on the Martha Stewart Living Radio program, Living Today, hosted by Mario Bosquez, and often reads his work on public radio’s food program The Splendid Table hosted by Lynne Rossetto Kasper. He’s a regular guest on WTNH-TV, appears on The Today Show, and was profiled on Radical Sabbatical on Fine Living Network.
David won the 2008 James Beard Award for Newspaper Feature Writing Without Recipes for his article, “In a ’64 T-Bird, Chasing a Date with a Clam” and was nominated in 2009 for his article “Perfection? Hint: It’s Warm and Has a Secret,” both from the New York Times. He’s also a four-time nominee for the Bert Green Award for Food Journalism, which he won in 2006. In addition, he was a 2007 and 2006 winner of an Association of Food Journalists Award. His essays have been included in the Best Food Writing series in 2001, and from 2002 to 2010. Leite’s Culinaria, which David created in 1999, won the 2007 James Beard Award for Web Site Focusing on Food, Beverage, Restaurant, or Nutrition and the 2006 James Beard Award for Best Food Web Site, a 2006 Food Blog Award, the 2005 World Food Media Award for Best Food and/or Drink Web Site, and was named Best Writer’s Web Site for 2002 by Writer’s Digest. A few of David’s fav LC recipes are Tagliatelle with Leeks and Shrimp, Julia Child’s Coq au Vin, and Pumpkin Cake With Maple–Cream Cheese Frosting.